Live music is for everyone, so we believe in #MusicWithoutBarriers - Deaf and disabled people shouldn’t have to miss out when their favourite band is in town due to poor access.
#MusicWithoutBarriers is a campaign for equal access, to raise awareness of the barriers that Deaf and disabled people are currently facing, to change perceptions of disability and highlight the support for making gigs accessible.
There are four key messages that we want to raise awareness about:
- Improving access to live music doesn’t have to be costly
- There is a strong business case for improving accessibility
- Access information in advance of an event is crucial
- Not all disabled people are wheelchair users
Thousands of fans, musicians and other music industry figures agree, including Alt-J, The Cure, Franz Ferdinand, Plan B, Chase and Status, Mystery Jets, Union J and Frank Turner as well as the Musicians Union and Featured Artists Coalition. You can find a full list of supporters and messages here.
Join them and pledge your support today.
What can I do?
- Pledge your support by signing up to our campaign newsletter using the form on the right
- Ask your favourite music venue or festival to sign up to our Charter of Best Practice
- Make a small donation to Attitude is Everything to support our work
- Share our campaign on social networks to raise awareness
Other artists that support #MusicWithoutBarriers include: