If a family member, Personal Assistant or Support Worker will be assisting you to complete the shop, it might be useful for them to read our guide on how best to support someone volunteering for Attitude is Everything.
Once you have registered on the portal and been approved, this is the process you go through to choose, request and complete a Mystery Shop:
1. Have a look at the current list of venues and festivals we want shopped. These are events we are particularly keen to find shoppers for. Alternatively, if there is another venue or festival you wish to shop, you can let us know via the request form.
2. Complete a Mystery Shop request form via the online portal.
When requesting shops, please note:
- If you’d like to go to a gig at a non-charter venue, we may ask you to volunteer your time at a charter venue we need shopped as well.
- Certain venues, like large arenas, receive numerous requests to be shopped. There are several things we take into consideration when allocating shops, including (but not limited to) the cost of tickets & travel, and how often someone has shopped for us previously.
- We will not allocate festival shops until the end of March so that everyone gets a fair chance to apply. Whilst you can apply for festival shops after this date, they may already have been allocated.
- If you buy festvial tickets in advance of your shop being approved, we may not be able to reimburse you the ticket cost. We strongly recommend waiting until your shop is approved to find out whether it is necessary to purchase festvial tickets, or if we are able to obtain the tickets for you.
3. Once your request has been approved, book your tickets and any access provisions.
4. Fill in the pre-event form via the online portal. This is where you tell us about the booking process and what info you could find out online.
5. Download/print out the checklist of things to look out for when you’re at the gig (coming soon!)
6. Attend the gig!
7. After the gig, fill in the post-event form via the online portal
8. Submit your expense form, which you can downloaded from the Volunteer Documents page. Please note that, whilst the portal asks if you intend to submit an expense claim, we do need you to submit the invoice in order to process your claim.
- It is important you fill in the post-event form and expenses claim within four weeks of the gig, otherwise we may not be able to pay your expenses.
- Expenses will be processed as quickly as possible, and within 8 weeks of your form being submitted and approved (having submitted your Mystery Shop report).
- In order to see how much we are able to reimburse, please read the expense policy here.